Author Topic: I'm grilling 2 chicken breasts, asparagus for 2, and some yummy basmativrice.  (Read 5654 times)

JJFrench

• MaximPad
I cancelled a friend coming over because I want to drink alot of beer and she'll eventually make a remark about it and it will turn into a conversation about why I do what I do. I'll eventually remind her that she's a married jehovas witness and that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or walk around naked. She'll cry, beg for forgiveness and want to fuck. It's hard to resist,  but I don't feel like dealing with it . I'm goona date some beer now instead, and will have lunch and supper ready for tomorrow. Winner winner chicken dinner!  What are your plans?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
Went to the gym, now I am making a cornish game hen and having a glass of red wine.

exciting shit

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
isnt a cornish game hen, just a baby chikn, with little meat? I dont understand the appeal. I did have it once marinaded in lemon / pepper..it was delish. But it just tasted like chikn, and I felt bad for eating a baby bird

Anyhoo, I bought a rotiserie chicken for $5.99, stuffed it in fresh baked parisian bread, and stuffed it with vegetables, it was good

i bought a 6 pack of Lech beer..fell asleep, woke up, had rocky road ice cream..now Im drinking the six pack to help me fall back asleep and listening to political commentaries / Young Turks

Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
No its a type of chicken.  Yes its a little one.  They're about 3 lbs.

I stuffed a tangerine and an onion in it and sprinkled paprika, salt, pepper, garlic salt... on it and served halved with brown rice and onions mixed with asparagus.  And shared a bottle of cab.

total cost = 2 people for $3.75 each (including wine)

minus we had to wash & prepare & then wash dishes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
I never really feel like cooking after work unless it's cold.  And its never cold here.

But that same meal would be $20 each at least here in San Diego.  It's fucking expensive, and it wouldn't have been as good.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
whaaa? u fed 2 people for $7.50 including wine?

Funny u and JJ had Assparagus. I make a killer asparagus, with garlic butter

I find cooking relaxing..the only time I dont like cooking is when im starving

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
It is relaxing when it's not super hot outside and when you have wine or some good beer.   

Ever cook during the summer in a small apartment?   Exhausted from work and then the gym? 

Cooking is a creative outlet.  Every once in a while I have lots of fun cooking.   I do it more when I am happy.  Sad days I just to want be served and get drunk.  I know it's a rip off and I don't care.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Ive BBQ'd alot in very hot weather, and the BBQ adding to the heat..not enjoyable

I make alot of persian dishes, that require alot of prep work, its fun but not if I had to do it everyday

I typically get in late, and no time to cook, so I get pre-made foods at grocery stores or order take out

When I have time, and want quality food, I will cook

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
Here is my whole kitchen.  3 foot hall about 8 feet long.  $1600 a month in a good part of town, 1920s no insulation and window faces west.  Gets hot as fuck.

Not exactly ideal.  Meanwhile I get to design $$ kitchens for a fraction of what one high end appliance costs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
That's cool you can cook Persian food.   I would love to try some.  The Persian places around here can't be all there is.

There is cafe the cabbies go to.   That's about it. 

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Na stay away from the mall strip and fast food persian crap..not representative of the true taste..I looked at a few persian rests in SD,

this one looks the most authentic

http://www.yelp.com/biz/soltan-banoo-san-diego?osq=Persian+Food

This one seems a bit bit better but more "upscale"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bandar-san-diego-3?page_src=related_bizes
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:34:45 pm by Silver Mercenary »

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
I have heard the first one you mentioned is good.  The second one is a tourist area. 

Will have to check it out.  I love trying new food. 

Can you see the pic of my kitchen?  Pretty sad

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
yea your kitchen is pretty sad..like a closet. I would not like cooking there either. if u own the home, blow out the walls.

Otherwise, if you have more space elsewhere, you can always add electrical appliances (stove, wok, toaster oven) in a more elbow friendly part of the house.

I do like the arch. work you do, maybe you will design your own home one day

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
It's ironic.   There is an Elvis Costello song or maybe Howard jones?

You can build a house but you can't live in it

And you want her and she wants you.   No one ever.    Is to blame. 

The shit I design is amazing compared to the tiny amount $ I get paid for the design.   The developer who sells my work before it is built is upset that it is appraised much higher than what he built and sold it for. 

I just had an ipa and a shot of tequila.   That makes my 3 drinks a day min.   Heavy drinking clocking in.  What the hell are you doing up? 

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Stick with what you're doing d, all the money u make, invest back in yourself, to build a great name and brand.

You are very talented, you know what your are doing. I dont say that about too many people.  The money will come

I think Im becoming bored with my biz, making good $, but dont care, and even becoming rude to my customers. I have a 5 star rating on yelp, a database of 10,000 customers...my employees cant keep up.

Ive seen this pattern..just drinking a few beers and checking my stocks..playing movies in the background to make it seem like there is someone talking..ugh