Author Topic: Shit -cold- weather here, and guess the #1 question in San Diego  (Read 113 times)

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
It's 61f and it's been shit weather for about 4 days, with no end in sight. 

I kind of hate it here.

- very expensive, inflation is going nuts
- tons of homeless, mean, crazy, dirty vagrants walking around like zombies on some kind of drug
- spoiled kid douche bags
- green building laws that make it impossible to get permits
- cops running lights and hitting civilians with their hands and cars
- everything is covered in beige stucco
- every woman has a spray tan, fake nails, and extensions.  Most bleach their teeth and everybody has highlights. 
- yoga pants on every woman (fat, than, old, young) all the time
- everybody I know is taking antidepressants, except my husband  --- we are all on something

Here is the number one question exchanged walking down the street in San Diego:

1. Do You have a Dollar?

no sorry

2. Spare change?  *ignore*
3. Do you have a light?  no
4. Can I get a cigarette?  (I don't smoke)
5. My baby/car/wife is in real need of help man... you got some money to help me out?

Sure, there are other comments, but for the most part nobody makes eye contact because we are all scared of being bothered, mostly for money.

It is sad - nobody says "Hello" walking past unless they're hitting on you or want money.   Some of the homeless people call me a cunt, fucking bitch, white bitch or whatever if I don't yield money.   I generally do not ever carry cash unless I know I need it for a particular reason.

Want to moooooove but my husband is licensed here, and all of my experience and work referrals are local.    I need to find another place to hate. 

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
Re: Shit -cold- weather here, and guess the #1 question in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:38:08 am »
It's not better in most cities with a decent climate. Homeless people go where they can sleep comfortably outdoors. They have a right to exist, so they exist where they can beg the most. The only places I've been where it isn't an issue are places where the climate doesn't support it.

That said, they look like zombies because they don't sleep much. They're all sleep deprived to a horrific extent. It exacerbates the issue. I try to be kind to them, but I don't give money. If you care to be kind, give water, or socks.

The worst are the ones that come to you at a gas station or outside of a restaurant with an obviously bullshit sob story. Those are typically the drug addicts. They think they're being clever, and they're hard to shake sometimes.

With regards to beige stucco... yeah, that's everything in the Southwest. I hate it too. Stucco and tile roofs. Boring.

Why can't your husband get licensed somewhere else?  Is he even working?

Maybe you could start soliciting work in a nearby city, like Phoenix or Las Vegas. It's close enough to commute for a few jobs while you build a client base, and if you can build it up enough you can relocate... or expand your business.

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:43:22 pm »
Charlotte, NC has a few homeless, but it's not a big issue. There are decent programs here for those who need help.

Gooey

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:59 pm »
There are homeless everywhere, even in Pittsburgh, although I have no idea why. Pittsburgh has three seasons, summer, winter, and road construction season.

P.S. 61 degrees is shorts and t-shirt weather, maybe jeans at night.

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 11:25:26 pm »
I was in Pittsburgh one time (many a times, really. My older brother used to live and work there at PPG as a paint chemist. I used to drive down from Detroit and party with him there in Pitts often. Great town. Great restaurants. Ugly women though. No offense. But, fugly women there. No bothering to try to chat up chicks at the bar when yer in yer 20's. Yikes! Dennis Miller is from there. We saw him do a show live at some park there by the river. For free. It was ok. He is a fuckin' high-on junkie who has lost his mind today though. Fuck him.) Oh! Yes. The homeless story: I was at your Three Rivers Park or whatever it's called (I was 22 at the time. I'm 51 now) and some homeless dude with an eye patch actually talked like a pirate at us, saying, "Ay, can ye spare some change?" I said, "It's a Pittsburgh Pirate!" and we gave him some coin and a blowjob. We all laughed then fell down. 

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:42:27 am »
Uh, you had me until the blowjob part.  I presume that's a typo. Please? 

Heidi, sounds like its time to leave SD. Where are you guys thinking of moving to?
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:55 am »
I want to move, but like I said my business is rooted here.  Portland or some neighborhood might be nice.

It's cloudy and gross outside as usual, again. 

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 08:20:27 pm »
does California have reciprocity for his law license with any other states?  I thought he wasn't working anyway?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:16:09 pm »
No, if we move he has to take the bar again.  He is working, just doesn't have any work right now.   For a few months he was busy, not this one though. 

Sun finally came out yesterday!  That was a long spell of fog. 

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 06:00:16 am »
California is supposed to be one of the most intense bar exams, if he could pass it there he could pass it somewhere else I am sure