Author Topic: so I finally fired that guy  (Read 652 times)

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
so I finally fired that guy
« on: January 10, 2017, 05:29:50 pm »
I feel awful.   I feel like crying.  He said he changed the square footage on a house to 3k.  I told him how to measure the footage, it is a pretty simple command in CAD.

He has been working on this thing for a few days and I fucking measure it just to be sure and it's 150 sq. ft. off.... so every drawing is wrong and I must once again re-draft the entire thing. 

Here is the email:
Unfortunately, I am no longer able to send you work.  We were both hoping that you would be able to get up to speed quickly so that you would be able to help me with drafting work. Unfortunately, your progress has not been as quick as we had hoped and I am losing money too quickly to continue using you. In general, the drafting work you have provided has taken much longer than I can possibly bill the client.  In addition, the work has often been incomplete or incorrect requiring me to expend significant time correcting or completing it. In short, this is costing me significant losses, I am way over budget on Stone Summit, and I need to find someone with more experience to help me efficiently finish my projects.  I appreciate you trying your best to learn and am happy to give you a positive recommendation.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Re: so I finally fired that guy
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:24 pm »
U fired him in an email?

Anyhoo, glad u got rid of him..u feel bad for a while, in a week or two u wont even think of it
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:56 am »
You had to do what you had to do. I've been fired a number of times. I got over it.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:38:25 am »
He sent me a text asking if I'd help him find a job for the govt.   I wrote back yes and that i'd allow him to lie about how long he worked here.   But hge wants to come in, which I said no to.

I did offer to help him with his resume. 

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »
I'm already feeling better.  All of the work he was doing yesterday was trash.  I should be glad and upset for not cutting him off sooner. 

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »
That is an unfortunate situation. It will work out in the end.

Right now, I'm more concerned about getting laid.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »
NO! NO ! NO! NO! NO!

Do not meet a fired employee..he may be a nut job..u have to play defensive..and just keep everything distant..he is a turd..but ya never know
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Bob Money

• MaximPad
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »
HE'S GONNA CHOP YOU UP INTO BITS AND PIECES AND GRILL YOU OVER AN OPEN FIRE!! IM SO JEALOUS OF HIM!

nikki

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 07:39:07 am »
keep all your documentation, he will try to file for benefits, which he can't have unless he was laid off.