Author Topic: a lil bit of news  (Read 402 times)

slakr

• MaximPad
a lil bit of news
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:03:37 pm »
So where to start, my Family is doing great. Lisa is still busy being a full time Mom and wow, she is just doing an incredible job with our Daughter who is going to be two years old in less than 10 days. We are doing our little tradition of going to the Big City at the end of the month, so her last free plane ticket will be happening on March 1st when we go out on leave for 3 weeks. We are going to Edmonton again, should be awesome! Our Daughter will be two years old, its scary how independent she tries to be and She has both qualities of myself and her Mom, you can sure see them from the little things like her attitude, her sense of humour, her big feet like mine, how when she is relaxing she always crosses her feet on the bed just like I do. Itís crazy how fast she is growing.

Work has been super hectic. Being the VP has been a crazy learning experience these past 8 months but I am enjoying it. We had a big trade show this week so I had to break out the suit, glad I donít wear it every day! Aha. This part has been fun and I enjoy it and itís a learning curve to be sure, but there are many days that I just miss sitting in the cab of a Loader, Grader, Bulldozer, Plow Truck or Snowblower! But hey, itís all in progression of your career right.

We have been talking with the Bank over the last month. We are in the process finally to buy a house. Itís been a crazy amount of paperwork and overwhelming at times and so much to go through, but there is a 1200 square foot two bedroom two bathroom house being constructed now. So not to jinx things as we are still like 6 weeks away from doing everything but yes, itís in the works. So wish me luck. 

we go on holiday on February 27th and back on March 22nd.  by that time, the house should be pretty much done I hope.  then we will just finish off all the rest of the paperwork and move in.  we are buying all new furniture as well.   I even found a kick ass tv that I want.   the bed room is pink.  ffs.  but hey, at least it's only the bedroom.  the rest of the house is a good natural colour and the mens bathroom is a wicked blue.

anyway, I hope you are all well and I miss you bastards.

Captain Caveman

• MaximPad
Re: a lil bit of news
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:30 am »
My football team won a state championship.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
Re: a lil bit of news
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:35:09 pm »
Congrats, Slakr!

Nit much new here. Just working a new job at Bank of America in Charlotte.