Author Topic: I think I might have an issue  (Read 1034 times)

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
I think I might have an issue
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:02:02 pm »
Is this normal?   Every time I go to a restaurant or bar and someone starts laughing frantically and making a shitload of noise I want to punch them in the face.   Why can't people handle their fucking booze without acting like apes on glue?  Once in a while I will say "shut up!" loud enough for them to hear.

I don't remember being so annoyed by people acting drunk and loud. Maybe it's cause I am getting old?

Gooey

• MaximPad
Re: I think I might have an issue
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:18:58 pm »
You're not alone. I feel the same way, I just ignore it. It's probably because we are getting older.

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:41 am »
Like Gooey said, you're getting old.  It's normal and it gets worse. I can barely go out to bars anymore.  For lots of reasons, but the biggest one being I hate drunks.  People who get a few drinks in them, get loud and lose inhibitions and do dumb shit.  The worst part is when people you barely know start confiding and opening up about stuff.

My 50 birthday was last monday and the new bartender at one of my places had just broken up with his gf.  Had to listen to him whine about it for half an hour and I barely know the guy.  I finally told him to man the fuck up and make me my martini before I blew my brains out from listening to his pussy ass.  It's my birthday, fucktard.  Let's be happy.
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Gooey

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:20:07 am »
Hahahaha, the bartender was telling you his troubles? That's a change, I would've left and went to another bar. Similarly, I don't go to concerts, because of drunken douchebags. You can't enjoy a live concert without drunks bumping into you, falling down, and just being loud and retarded.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 11:35:56 am »
Bartender should not discuss his personal life.   That is is a good way to drive people away.  Did he ask you to fix him a drink too?

I guess I am just getting old.   I will make face at whoever is being a loud ass, or I will make it obvious that they're pissing me off by making everyone at my table move to a spot across the room.  Or like I said yell "Hey!  Shut up!"

Just once I'd like to be a huge black guy that walked up to a bunch of howling frat boys or squealing chicks and says "Hey shut the fuck up, you're annoying everyone!"

If I had a bar, I would probably kick out a lot of people. 

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 12:09:27 pm »
i had an empty Martini glass in front of me for at least 10 minutes while he was yammering.  He friended me and his whole facebook is one big drama fest about him and his breakup. "It's 2AM and I wonder what she's doing. Can't sleep."  There are all sorts of gems like that on there.

We have mostly older folks where I go.   It's not too bad, they just pass out at the bar alot. The 20 something folks have their own bars that they barely stray from.

Ever find yourself looking at people at bars and feeling sorry for them?  We have regulars who go same time, every day to some of the bars here and I just look at them and think to myself "wtf happened to you?"  There's one guy at my favorite bar, every time I go there (once a week or so), he's there.  For the entire 10 years I have been living here.  He's in his late thirties now. He caddies in the mornings and drinks after that to close. Every fucking day.  I look at him and try to picture him at 70 and it's a horrible picture.

I think I need to find a broad who doesn't hang out in bars, that's the only reason I go.  A guy's gotta get laid.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 12:25:57 pm »
He friended me and his whole facebook is one big drama fest about him and his breakup. "It's 2AM and I wonder what she's doing. Can't sleep."  There are all sorts of gems like that on there.

I unfriend people like that. I have no time for vaguebookers and whiners, I like to limit my friend list to people who I actually consider to be friends.

I think I need to find a broad who doesn't hang out in bars, that's the only reason I go.  A guy's gotta get laid.

If you're just looking for sex, there's an app for that, and you don't have to hang out in dank sadholes full of alcoholics.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:23:46 pm by Ogre »

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 12:43:57 pm »
I don't participate in social media, I really don't give a shit who I am friends with.  I haven't posted anything on my wall since 2010.  It's just a way to keep in touch with some of my old friends and laugh at all the losers (like him) who take that crap seriously.  Social media is a waste of time.  I'll friend anyone back if I know who you are, don't really care.

It's not that I don't have any women, i have too many actually.  I live on the beach in a high end resort area, going out is what everyone does and the bars are actually pretty damn nice around here.  It's not all depressing regulars but it does turn into groundhog day sometimes.  A hot broad who doesn't drink would be a nice change of pace.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 01:45:07 pm »
Ferchrissake you don't want someone who doesn't drink at all.  They're boring judgmental fucks.  I know this for a fact.  You want someone who doesn't drink every fucking day or drinks just a little.

Like someone once told me "Nobody wants to date the drunk girl."

Most chicks get pretty sloppy when they're drunk.   I get friendly and talk more.  Then I go to bed.

Chicks with smeared make up and their hair hanging in their face are not hot.  As a woman you want to be buzzed not sloppy drunk.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 08:02:58 am »
One time I got kicked out of a bar for being too drunk. As I was exiting, I was waving bye to my friends and doing the moonwalk out the door.

The bouncer bear hugged me and slammed me to the ground. I thought it would be funny if I acted like I was knocked unconscious, so I just layed there on the floor motionless.

I heard chicks yelling "OMG what the fuck did you do that for?"

Then I got up and dusted myself off laughing..I was forced to get into the ambulance, because apparently if you lose consciousness they cant release you (concussion). they took me to hospital

At the hospital, I just got out of the bed, and left..and some nurses were chasing after me to come back

good times
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 09:38:11 am »
They can't release you?  Is that some type of law?  Who had to pay for the hospital bill?  Was there any catpiss on the floor?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 11:22:56 am »
That happened to my ex.  He woke up in the hospital and had no memory of how, so he just got dressed and walked out.

There is such a bad problem with homeless people in the ER in San Diego.  An article in the paper said one homeless guy had been picked up and taken to the ER over 400 times in one year.

You can't walk down the street without people asking you for money or screaming and acting nuts.  They're at every traffic corner staring in your car with signs. 

When I was bar tending there was a homeless guy that used to come in for our bottle to recycle.  He told me that a lot of the homeless get a check at the first of the month, hole up in a motel room with drugs and get fucked up until they run out of money and then go back to begging. 

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 12:05:24 pm »
That happened to my ex.  He woke up in the hospital and had no memory of how, so he just got dressed and walked out.

There is such a bad problem with homeless people in the ER in San Diego.  An article in the paper said one homeless guy had been picked up and taken to the ER over 400 times in one year.

You can't walk down the street without people asking you for money or screaming and acting nuts.  They're at every traffic corner staring in your car with signs. 

When I was bar tending there was a homeless guy that used to come in for our bottle to recycle.  He told me that a lot of the homeless get a check at the first of the month, hole up in a motel room with drugs and get fucked up until they run out of money and then go back to begging.

The Republican God, Ronald Reagan, caused this problem by defunding mental health facilities, both in CA when he was governor, and nationally when he was POTUS.

Unfortunately, this is a social issue, not a personal issue. If we don't want the mentally ill wandering the streets begging for money, we need to provide mental health facilities and programs that can deal with them appropriately.

Unfortunately, that's a bit much to swallow for your average conservative, because it stinks like communism. Your average liberal would solve this with universal coverage, but that won't solve the problem without mental health infrastructure, which might materialize years after a universal solution.

In short. Fuck Reagan. He was a shithead, and this is just ONE of the problems he caused.

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 12:55:52 pm »

The Republican God, Ronald Reagan, caused this problem by defunding mental health facilities, both in CA when he was governor, and nationally when he was POTUS.

Unfortunately, this is a social issue, not a personal issue. If we don't want the mentally ill wandering the streets begging for money, we need to provide mental health facilities and programs that can deal with them appropriately.

Unfortunately, that's a bit much to swallow for your average conservative, because it stinks like communism. Your average liberal would solve this with universal coverage, but that won't solve the problem without mental health infrastructure, which might materialize years after a universal solution.

In short. Fuck Reagan. He was a shithead, and this is just ONE of the problems he caused.

That's pretty big leap to put that all on the feet of Reagan.  Kind of nuts, actually.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 01:18:55 pm »

That's pretty big leap to put that all on the feet of Reagan.  Kind of nuts, actually.

Is it?  Because he was responsible for defunding mental health in California as governor, and later nationally as POTUS.

He shut down the mental hospitals that kept these folks out of the streets, which (predictably) directly lead to a greatly increased number of mentally ill homeless in the streets of California (and elsewhere for that matter).

What were those people to do? Get jobs?

He was the man in charge, he signed the papers, the buck stops there.