Author Topic: I think I might have an issue  (Read 239 times)

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
Re: I think I might have an issue
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »
In what year did the USA switch to a dictatorship?  Not sure, but I would imagine he ran for office with those issues on his platform and the people voted for him.  Also, knowing how our political process works, I would imagine that a few congressfolks (like, a majority maybe?) also voted for it.  You choose to blame Reagan because it's easy to do that.  It's wrong, but it's easy.  Liberals like the easy route.
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 03:21:50 pm »
In what year did the USA switch to a dictatorship?  Not sure, but I would imagine he ran for office with those issues on his platform and the people voted for him.  Also, knowing how our political process works, I would imagine that a few congressfolks (like, a majority maybe?) also voted for it.  You choose to blame Reagan because it's easy to do that.  It's wrong, but it's easy.  Liberals like the easy route.

But.... Obama!

It's the same the other way, for sure.

Also, I bet I have more guns than you do.

Here's the catch, regardless of who voted for him, or who supported the actions, he put his pen to paper to seal the deal.

Reagan was absolutely a piece of shit, not only was he ultimately responsible for this, but he also negotiated with terrorists, sold crack to Americans, and arms to our enemies. To be fair, though, Nixon probably would have done this stuff too, that's the kind of crowd Reagan ran with.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »
Ogre do you really think you know enough about the intricacies of Reagan and Nixon's careers to have an thoroughly educated opinion on what they did or would have done?   I am sure there is a ton of shit that goes down that we never hear about.   As years pass, more and more Republicans are building up Reagan and talking about how wonderful he was.  Cause the Republican party is shit now.  We need someone to be proud of and there isn't anybody.  Starting to wonder how much praise for Reagan is based on the truth.

And Reagan sold crack?   Where did you come up with that?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:10:47 pm by Pervarotti »

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 05:19:11 pm »

But.... Obama!

It's the same the other way, for sure.

Also, I bet I have more guns than you do.

Here's the catch, regardless of who voted for him, or who supported the actions, he put his pen to paper to seal the deal.

Reagan was absolutely a piece of shit, not only was he ultimately responsible for this, but he also negotiated with terrorists, sold crack to Americans, and arms to our enemies. To be fair, though, Nixon probably would have done this stuff too, that's the kind of crowd Reagan ran with.

Everyone loved Reagan. Remember the 1984 election asswhipping?

WTF does Obama or how many guns you own have to do with anything with what might have happened in healthcare ~35 years ago? 

You sound very bitter Ogre. Very bitter.

Captain Caveman

• MaximPad
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »
No fuck he didn't. CONGRESS and State Legislatures are the ones who come up with the budget.

Governor's and POTUS's approve ALL of it or NONE of it. One of the biggest reasons we are 20 TRILLION in debt.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »
star wars

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 03:27:27 pm »
We need someone to be proud of and there isn't anybody. 

If you're looking for someone to be proud of, I'd suggest looking at someone who isn't a politician for starters.

The CIA funded the Contras by dealing cocaine in urban neighborhoods during the Reagan administration. Seirously. Look it up, it's been very well documented. Reagan was an absolute piece of shit.

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 06:39:17 pm »

If you're looking for someone to be proud of, I'd suggest looking at someone who isn't a politician for starters.

The CIA funded the Contras by dealing cocaine in urban neighborhoods during the Reagan administration. Seirously. Look it up, it's been very well documented. Reagan was an absolute piece of shit.

Completely wrong. None of this has been "very well documented" it's only been alleged.  There is no proof whatsoever.  And no one says the CIA dealt drugs, only that they were aware that the contras were involved in the coke trade.  Even the original reporter who supposedly "broke" the story doesn't say the CIA dealt drugs.

You have any solid evidence to back any of that up?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »
When I said we need someone to be proud of I was talking about the Republican Party. 

They've all gone crazy, too far right. 

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 01:52:54 pm »
When I said we need someone to be proud of I was talking about the Republican Party. 

They've all gone crazy, too far right.

Attaching yourself to either party is kind of silly. Like I said, if you're looking for someone to be proud of, don't look at a politician.

On the right, the only person with any sense of honor and common sense seems to be McCain. I don't agree with lots of his politics, but I believe him to be honorable and well intentioned. On the other hand, he's also shown himself to be a puppet (2008 election), perhaps reluctantly.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 01:54:30 pm »

Completely wrong. None of this has been "very well documented" it's only been alleged.  There is no proof whatsoever.  And no one says the CIA dealt drugs, only that they were aware that the contras were involved in the coke trade.  Even the original reporter who supposedly "broke" the story doesn't say the CIA dealt drugs.

You have any solid evidence to back any of that up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

The Wiki article is very well sourced...

Most recently, the spike in Opiate addiction and availability is, at the very least, curious.

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 02:32:23 pm »
There's no evidence the CIA had any involvement in dealing any drugs as you mentioned.  I saw the movie too and I've researched this myself. The investigations conducted during Clinton's administration found:

"Webb's series led to three federal investigations, none of which found evidence of any conspiracy by the CIA or its employees to bring drugs into the United States."

The CIA was aware of the drug smuggling and did not stop it. That's as far as it goes. 

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2017, 03:48:48 pm »
There's no evidence the CIA had any involvement in dealing any drugs as you mentioned.  I saw the movie too and I've researched this myself. The investigations conducted during Clinton's administration found:

"Webb's series led to three federal investigations, none of which found evidence of any conspiracy by the CIA or its employees to bring drugs into the United States."

The CIA was aware of the drug smuggling and did not stop it. That's as far as it goes.

This is kind of a case of the fox watching the hen house, isn't it?  If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...