Author Topic: My iphone 6 was hacked  (Read 186 times)

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
My iphone 6 was hacked
« on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:48 pm »
The keyboard started doing weird shit... then it stopped working at all.   I watched buttons being pressed, someone wrote a text message to "No name" that said Wa and had a bunch of emoticons of different cars.   Then they made another message with a caterpiller, a squid and some other animal.  I was sitting there staring at it, they went through my notes on my phone and all of the sudden the camera mode was on, pointed at my face.

I have tried turning it on and off several times but the touch screen doesn't work 95% of the time.   When I turn my phone on, someone directs it to emergency mode.

No idea how it happened as I haven't downloaded any links.   Nor do I know what to do.   I still haven't called my bitch mom to say happy birthday despite a message from my dad instructing me to do so.   I don't know her number by heart and the phone isn't working at all now.

Any ideas on what to do?  I would hate to have to go to the apple store.   I hate that place cause it's a zoo.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
Re: My iphone 6 was hacked
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:41:17 pm »
There have been several major security breaches in iOS lately.

One allowed someone to take root control of the device via Bluetooth (everything with BlueTooth is vulnerable, by the way, so if you have a device with BlueTooth, turn it off and update immediately. If you don't have a patch level of at least September, then leave it off unless you're actively using it, then turn it off when you're done.)

The other doesn't have any specific information, but it's Critical and allows a remote attacker to gain control of your device.

You need to be on version 11.1 at this point to avoid it. With your device not responding, you won't be able to do that very easily. Take it to the Apple store and ask for help.

All of that said, there's a possibility that your touch screen is broken, and your device hasn't been compromised. Sometimes, when a touch screen goes bad, it will just start acting like it's being touched all over. It happened to my Note 4 after I'd had it just over 2 years, same kind of thing, just random stuff acting like it's being touched.

Either way, go to the Apple Store for support.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:14:28 am »

Reset to factory settings. only way to be sure. use the iTunes method if u lost control of phone (but u will lose ewer data)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-factory-reset-an-iphone/
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:09:54 pm »
I have an appt with apple on Monday. 

Ogre you're right, Apple confirmed it could be the touch screen acting up, not a hack.

Either way total pain in the ass.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 10:49:54 pm »
its not a hack ..i have to explain this to people all day..explaining either the complexities of hacking or the simplemindedness of people thinking they are being hacked

just reset the fukn thing, which is what APLE is going to do anyway
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:44:10 am by Silver Mercenary »
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • WTF is This
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 08:54:11 am »
OH, MYCRAZYMACHINE!!!
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
Took it to the Apple store and it started working perfectly- couldnt get the phone to freeze after 3 days of the touch screen frozen.   

So paid $70 deductible for a new phone.... they keep sending the activation code to my phone which has not been activated. I tried a couple other options (send it to my email, or Adam's phone) no luck and my idiot clients keep texting me despite emails informing them my phone is not working.

Bob Money

• MaximPad
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 04:35:33 pm »
LOLZSAUCES

so glad i don't own any apple products!!!

sorry about your phone though Pervisdawerd