Author Topic: hey space  (Read 6267 times)

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
hey space
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »
have you ever seen this?  stay with it, it might help you some, but only you can help yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVWIELHQQY

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Re: hey space
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:01:24 pm »
#9LivesMatter #Meow

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:11:01 am »
Funny.  But I am still not quitting.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:10 am »
After seeing that video, I wanted to drink moar

way to go iep
#9LivesMatter #Meow

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:14:37 pm »
I mailed the link to my home to watch. I don't want to look at it here at work.

8)

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 06:57:36 am »
Thanks seaniep. I watched it this morning. That was good, and I agree with everything Fergusun said.

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »
I am with ogre on this one (blech I hate that) but you need to either pick the bottle or your family

I won't judge, if you prefer the bottle fine

if you prefer your family fine

I doubt you care what I think anyway

but that clip I just figured might give you something to think about, I know you have done AA before, I don't know enough about it to know if it works for everyone (although I have heard it doesn't)

so either get your shit together or get another bottle - its obviously one or the other, and its a choice, you totally get to make a choice on this, it might be a hard one to make, but its still a choice

Gooey

• MaximPad
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:53:39 pm »
I know Space went to AA, but I wonder if another type of therapy would be more beneficial? Like a detox clinic or something that gets to the root of his alcoholism. It is a choice, but it's easy for us to say choose, when we have no idea what it's like to struggle with addiction. At least I don't know what it's like. I feel for Space, and hope things can be worked out for him and his family.

I also think the pig pic above is hysterical, because of the boots.

Bob Money

• MaximPad
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 06:57:34 am »
not just the boots but the watch on the "wrist" and gat tucked in the waist band!

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 08:11:15 am »
Bear in mind space doesnt get drunk all the time..I believe maybe 4-5x a year he goes on a binge

if he wasnt jeopardizing his work, family, I would say there is nothing wrong with that

except he does have a pattern of destructive behavior whilst binging
#9LivesMatter #Meow

Bob Money

• MaximPad
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 08:38:11 am »
i dont even think it's that many times. maybe like 2 or 3

but since his history of drinking and what he does whilst drunk, i can understand Jalessa's apprehension...

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 11:57:00 am »
It's weird. I do have a very descructive behavior when I drink. That part scares me and I don't understand it. That's why I need to remain vigilant and not drink at all. I just realized that today is 3 weeks sober for me.

I went to outpatient rehab last year Jan-April. By July I was drinking again. That amd AA don't work. They're good and all, but I'm too stubborn to let it work.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:29:09 pm »
It's weird. I do have a very descructive behavior when I drink. That part scares me and I don't understand it. That's why I need to remain vigilant and not drink at all. I just realized that today is 3 weeks sober for me.

I went to outpatient rehab last year Jan-April. By July I was drinking again. That amd AA don't work. They're good and all, but I'm too stubborn to let it work.

You value drinking more than you value your family.

That's why you pick up a bottle even when you know that you're destructive when you drink, and even though you know that every time you do it you damage your family just a little more.

You're not stubborn, you're selfish. You don't give a shit about your family. You should just leave and let them get on without being dragged down by someone who doesn't give a shit about them.

Or... OR you could change your priorities and your values. That's hard, though, and I doubt you will. You haven't yet, and there's no reason to believe you'll do it now. So let's stop bullshitting. You've made your decision, stop dragging your family down with you.

I really do feel bad for Janessa and the kids. I know what it's like for someone who's supposed to be at the head of a home doesn't give a shit about you. It sucks, and you're a selfish asshole for being that person.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 01:26:11 pm »
That is brutal man.

But everything is not black or white (you either love your family or your booze). You are either selfish or you're not selfish

Hell I may love my girlfriend, but doesnt mean I wont get drunk and cold cock her if she attempts to escape from my basement.

#9LivesMatter #Meow

Bob Money

• MaximPad
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »
Do you stuff ice down your pants for a little while or something?