Author Topic: Beds  (Read 40 times)

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Beds
« on: October 10, 2018, 07:37:37 pm »
What kinda beds do u fools sleep on? I have decided I no longer want a canopy bed, with vines draped around it, and am remodeling a bedroom to modern/sleek

any u punks have a favorite style bed? platform seems to low for me, why the fuck do people sleep on beds 16" from the floor?

Whats a good mattress? Ive heard Leesa, Purple, and Bear are the best..all these innovative sleep technolgies seem like a sham to me.

I do always wake up with neck pain because i sleep on my stomach which is the worst way to sleep..im guessing sleeping posture prob more important than the mattress?

any bed experts (besides MUFDVR's mom?)
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
Re: Beds
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:03:48 pm »
I have a Beautyrest Black, which is a hybrid memory-foam over coil mattress, so best of both worlds. Cal-king so my feet don't dangle off the end.

Platform beds aren't all short. I have one that's as high as a typical bed frame with a box spring, but I modified it so that instead of slats it has a solid 3/4" plywood base with some 4x4 center supports for more support. I could probably park a car on it.

I have a queen in the guest room that I left the slats on, the smaller size makes it not sag like the king did. I have a firm Perfect Sleeper that's about 20 years old on that, but it's still like new. I topped that with a 4" memory foam pad, and it's super comfortable.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:26:32 pm »
The beautyrest black looks intriguing but why $4000+ price tag? I replace mattresses every 5 years or so. so i dont see it as long term investment.

I like the plywood idea, that would also provide better support and noise cancellation.

This is the platform beds that in style now..I would not like being that low to the floor

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 04:37:12 pm »
The $4000 price tag is walk-up pricing.  I think I paid $1300 for mine at a liquidation sale. Mattresses have an enormous margin, there's a lot of room to bargain, and you can always find someone selling cheaper.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
Macy's has it listed for $8k lol

I want to sleep on it, not bang the queen of england on it