Author Topic: Fast Talkers  (Read 708 times)

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Fast Talkers
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:31 pm »
People who talk fast..I cant quite put my finger on whether they are very smart..or completely insane?

Normal speech usually involves choosing words, ideas..and it comes out at a comfortable back and forth exchange (slow talkers annoy me too..I already know what they will say..but have to wait..if they are way to slow..I will finish their sentences)

Rapid speech people..its like they dont need to fumble for words..and have 20 ideas already lined up to fire. This is prevalent in intelligent peeps, meth/coke heads, and manic bi-polars

whatever the case..fast talkers are annoying
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
Re: Fast Talkers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:19:08 am »
I talk fast.  I'm not sure I like your post.  But you're a tard so..

It also depends on where you are from.  Down south, everyone who is from the south talks slow.  I've never met a real life Boomhower.  In NYC and Boston, everyone talks fast.  Even the morons. 

In the business world, everyone talks fast. Particularly in meetings.  They'll slow it down for a conference call or a press call, but behind the scenes shit rolls fucking fast.  I've given presentations and been blasted by 2 or 3 at a time in machine gun talk and they don't think anything of it, but they wouldn't dream of talking like that in the general public.

I mongered Dillver's mom.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:21 pm »
I've never met a real life Boomhower.

You'll find them in Texas, they're not super common, maybe even rare.

The speech cadence is not really all that fast if you pay attention, it's mostly filler and mumbling, often with a giant wad of dip in the lip. I know at least 2 people who do it. They say stuff like 'friggin friggin' and 'dang old' and 'whosamawhatsit' and 'whatdayacallit'.

An example might be like this: "I went on down to the dang ol' corner store to get some a that uh friggin friggin uh... whaddyacallit... fer the headache... BC POWDER!  Yeah, that ol sore noggin sure cleared up right quick after I washed that dang ol powder down with some Lone Star."

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 06:06:12 am »
I don't know about any fast talkers except a manic friend of my wife's. She is a jabber jaws.

But I hate it in business meetings when there's a person who won't stop talking; hardly taking a breath. That doesn't give me any time to interject with a thought that could help the project and I'm too introverted and polite to just cut them off. I will sometimes cut them off if I feel that what I have to say is important enough or if I'm drunk.