Author Topic: Beds  (Read 1748 times)

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
Beds
« on: October 10, 2018, 07:37:37 pm »
What kinda beds do u fools sleep on? I have decided I no longer want a canopy bed, with vines draped around it, and am remodeling a bedroom to modern/sleek

any u punks have a favorite style bed? platform seems to low for me, why the fuck do people sleep on beds 16" from the floor?

Whats a good mattress? Ive heard Leesa, Purple, and Bear are the best..all these innovative sleep technolgies seem like a sham to me.

I do always wake up with neck pain because i sleep on my stomach which is the worst way to sleep..im guessing sleeping posture prob more important than the mattress?

any bed experts (besides MUFDVR's mom?)
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
Re: Beds
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:03:48 pm »
I have a Beautyrest Black, which is a hybrid memory-foam over coil mattress, so best of both worlds. Cal-king so my feet don't dangle off the end.

Platform beds aren't all short. I have one that's as high as a typical bed frame with a box spring, but I modified it so that instead of slats it has a solid 3/4" plywood base with some 4x4 center supports for more support. I could probably park a car on it.

I have a queen in the guest room that I left the slats on, the smaller size makes it not sag like the king did. I have a firm Perfect Sleeper that's about 20 years old on that, but it's still like new. I topped that with a 4" memory foam pad, and it's super comfortable.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:26:32 pm »
The beautyrest black looks intriguing but why $4000+ price tag? I replace mattresses every 5 years or so. so i dont see it as long term investment.

I like the plywood idea, that would also provide better support and noise cancellation.

This is the platform beds that in style now..I would not like being that low to the floor

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 04:37:12 pm »
The $4000 price tag is walk-up pricing.  I think I paid $1300 for mine at a liquidation sale. Mattresses have an enormous margin, there's a lot of room to bargain, and you can always find someone selling cheaper.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
Macy's has it listed for $8k lol

I want to sleep on it, not bang the queen of england on it

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 03:55:54 pm »
I have a vera wang mattress, i love it wear it around town on my back and knee caps.

Anywho everyone wants a vertical upholstered head board in a solid color now.     Or wood.   Fucking everything has wood on it.   In 10 years poeple will hate horizontal wood patterns.   It's like the 70s, only now the wood runs horizontal instead of up and down.   

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:25:10 pm »
heh u said wang, wood and up n' down..Im leaning towards the Tuft & Needle or Lucid 12" memory foam w/gel

I would get something cheaper, because I replace my mattress every few years. The thought of people using a mattress 10-20 yrs with all the dust mites is unfathomable & would keep me up at gnites

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 05:50:27 am »
I bought a tempurpedic about 5 years ago and I'm OK with it.  Memory gel/foam does sleep a little hot, so consider that if you haven't had one before.  I think I'd probably get a regular spring one next time because of that, I have to keep the AC cooler during the summer so I don't  sweat.  There are so many cheaper alternatives to tempurpedic right now, don't get that.

I do highly recommend one of those adjustable frames with head and foot risers.  I have one and it is the absolute shit.  Makes reading, watching TV much better.  I sleep with the head slightly raised and it really helps snoring. I got the massage features and that is an absolute waste of money. Get one, you can find a decent one for under a grand.

I mongered Dillver's mom.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »
Thanks for the advice on the Tardopedic. I have had springs and foam. foam does get damn hot. memory foam is even worse if u fart in it, because it keeps the fart scent in "memory".

spring beds are beneficial to back sleepers, Im a side and stomach sleeper, so contour maybe important. In my younger years I didnt give a shit, i could sleep on a cactus..now neck pain every mornin

the gel in memory foam supposedly dissipates heat better

Adjustable bed does sound good, i'll check em out

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 10:40:36 pm »
I have some kinda old mattress that I've had for 15 years, but I did just buy a new pillow topper sheet from Bed, Bath, Buttholes and Beyond to make it more comfortable.

My mattress probably has about 2,000 pounds of dead dust mites in it.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 02:40:02 pm »
My mattress also has mileage.  heh heh

Captain Caveman

• MaximPad
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:10 pm »
Sleep number. Best sleep ever.

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:54 pm »
I don't really sleep in my bed, mostly because I have crippling insomnia, but we have a white mattress

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 03:41:32 pm »
I also have insomnia.    I take medicine for it.    When I sleep it looks like I am riding a moped, but in the side laying position.

I also wake up easily, and I scream a lot.   good times. 

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 09:19:47 pm »
White mattress of course..racist. Ive been researching beds,, these things all seem so stupid..foam, gel, memory, recycled horse manure, pillow top, springs, ass beads, vegan

to be honest my best nights have been on a hard floor and a pillow

Im just gonna invent my own out of horse feathers