Author Topic: CARS  (Read 7837 times)

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
CARS
« on: May 13, 2019, 04:08:01 pm »
Hey, things seem to have been too deep at Jeff's for a while now. Let's talk about something frivolous:

Cars

Whatchoo driving these dayz? How do you like yer ride?

I'm excited! Last Saturday, I turned in a four-year lease on a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring (that only had a 10,000 mile allowance per year and I got in 2015) for a brand new 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with a 15,000 mile allowance. It only cost me $500 down and they wiped away all my wear and tear on my old car, which included the front end damage. (I hit a parked car while drunk). That old car also needed 4 new tires, which I had an estimate on for $1,100. That was all wiped away.

That accident is off my record now (was 3 years ago) and my new car insurance only went up $9.00 a month for the new vehicle, because this 2018 new car has so many safety features on it. I couldn't kill myself in it if I wanted to. It just about drives itself.

My lease payment is only $25.00 more a month than I was paying before on the old car. I'll now be paying $360.00 a month for the 3 year lease. Leasing is the way to go. The old adage is "Buy things that appreciate. Rent/lease things that depreciate". I agree with that.

This car has balls! I can't wait to take it out on Charlotte Motor Speedway next fall when they let people take their private cars on the speedway for $25.00.

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
Re: CARS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 06:23:37 am »
Congrats on the Mazda.  Always liked the look of their sedans.

I just got rid of my Audi Q7 because someone wanted it for the options/color and made a fairly insane offer that I couldn't refuse.  I test drove a BMW M5 and loved it until I went to buy it and took it on a second test drive and discovered that the ride was too harsh for me on non-perfect roads.  So I ordered a BMW M550i and have to wait until it gets here.   So I am riding my bike right now and ubering it. I am a carless Dillverbum.
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 09:14:00 am »
Space what color is your car?

I drive a Jeep Liberty with 4wd I bought for 2200 bucks, it rides high.   I like it!  But I wouldn't mind a new car someday. 

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:33:31 pm »
2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

https://imgur.com/gallery/39gfMOG

She's a beast off road, the best trail truck you can buy right now.

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:08 pm »
Perv: it's a steel metal blue color. Like, blue, but very subdued, almost grey-blue.

Muff: A BMW M550i !!?? Sweet!

When I was younger, in my 20's, I drove BMWs. Great cars. My first cousin dated, then married, the daughter of the largest BMW dealer in the Detroit Metro Area, so I got sweet deals on the cars, as I knew the family. I love BMWs, but can't afford them anymore.

She and my cousin dated for nine years, and she was afraid of sex, so they never fucked for 9 years! He got a BJ once that whole time.

Anyway, on their wedding night, she threw up at the notion that she would have to have sex. WTF? She was 29 years old by then.

But, she was messed in the head. She saw her mom try to commit suicide in front of her. Her mom slashed her wrists. So, "crazy" ran in that family, I guess.

My cousin divorced her one year after the marriage. (She turned out to be a bit of a lesbian anyway). My cuz got re-married and has 7 children now, but zero BMWs.

Gooey

• MaximPad
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 06:29:49 pm »
I still have my 2008 Hyundai Tiburon. Nice little car with only about 49k miles. My next vehicle will probably be a lease that is crazy fuel efficient, because gas prices are like summa cum laude G.P.As.

My ride looks just like this pic.

futtbuck

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 09:26:21 pm »
Lexus ES 350, black.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 08:32:50 am »
Ya'll are rich.    Then again we are paying way more for rent and gas here in San Diego

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 07:39:24 am »
I just bought another Q7.  The delivery date got pushed back too far and being without a car sucks.   I highly recommend the Q7, it's a great vehicle.  Drives very smoothly and has great technology.  Audi is underrated. 

Heidi, I have no wife and kids.  Saves a lot of money. 

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 03:54:13 pm »
Here is my car, it was only $2200 cause I bought it used.   They asked for 4000 but I took it pep boys who gave me a huge list "shit I could/should fix" and I used that to bargain her down.  My windows are all tinted black.

Pretty cute for 2200 and it has 4WD.   It has a lot of torque for some reason. 

futtbuck

• MaximPad
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 10:29:21 pm »
Audi is underrated. 
Agreed. I was considering an A4 before I picked up the Lexus.

Ogre

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 10:16:29 am »
Pretty cute for 2200 and it has 4WD.   It has a lot of torque for some reason.

It's geared low for 4WD performance. 4x4s are typically set up like that. Put it in 4-low and it will pull a house down.

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 02:03:03 pm »
2016 Toyota Tacoma, wife has a 2015 BMW 320 something something, I don't care

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 01:08:46 pm »
Ogre thanks for the tip!

I had one of these about 10 years ago and spun it on a puddle in the freeway.   

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 07:01:13 am »
I had a Q7.  A drunk driver slammed into me at a light at 2 AM this past weekend and totaled it.  I'm mostly fine with bruises and a few stitches.  Hit me on passenger side right after I had dropped my date off.  If she had been in that seat, it could have been very bad.  He never even hit the brakes from what the police can tell.

Anyways, I'm now looking at a F Pace SVR to cheer me up.

Don't drink and drive.  You know who you are.