Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 2972 times)

slakr

• MaximPad
Happy Easter
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:04:35 am »
I know it’s been too long but good morning.   Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Easter.   

We had a great Easter filled with egg hunts and enjoying the weather.   It was finally -17c/1F over the weekend so it sure warmed up.    Our Daughter had so much fun looking for Easter eggs and sure enjoyed playing out longer.    We are glad spring is finally here. 

Other than work which still keeps the bills paid things are going well up here.   We are enjoying the longer daylight hours and look forward to a lot to do this summer.    Damn it I better dig out the ATV and renew the insurance on it.   Aha.   

Hope all is well here. 

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
Re: Happy Easter
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 01:02:34 pm »
Hi Slakr!

It's good to hear from you!

I'm glad to hear that your family is coming along nicely.

I didn't do much on Easter Day, as my wife and boys are Jewish and could give a rip. But I took my boys fishing Easter Day and my eldest, Maxwell (14) caught a bass. My youngest, Simon (10) caught his lure in his jacket. That took a half an hour to remove.

It was fun, but having kids whipping around poles with hooks on the lures is scary. I didn't cast my reel but a few times as I was just watching them.

The funny thing is that the lake we fished in seemed quiet on fish, but was loaded with turtles looking to mate. We were so worried about catching a turtle. They were all over. Heads above water and cruising.

I'd like to catch a seal so you could make Kamiks for me. No seals in Charlotte, North Carolina, though. Alligator?