Author Topic: self serve  (Read 5983 times)

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
self serve
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:47:39 pm »
Do ewe guys use self serve xpress lanes at stores?

this week..2 different location..the machine just didnt work properly or register my items..i saved about $50 in unscanned items

would u guys just let the error slip, or would you call the teenaged toad licking flamin hot cheetos from his fingers..to come fix it?

This is what Im normally like at a self checkout:

this is how I look when i see machine made computational error

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 08:50:53 pm by Silver Mercenary »
Meat IS Murder. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat?

Gooey

• MaximPad
Re: self serve
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 01:53:39 pm »
I have used the self checkout at Wally World and one time it frozen halfway through and I had to get a manager to unlock it. I was getting groceries and the lines were soooo long with a handful of registers open. I always scan everything, that's just me. Online piracy yes, in store piracy no.

seaniepmcgee

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 04:05:56 pm »
slappy you are a smelly Persian, not a handsome white man, retract this meme usage now or I will sue you

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 07:02:50 pm »
I am sorry..i did not mean to offend your cultural heritage

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 10:54:37 am »
Those self serve registers are a pain in the ass.  "Unknown item in the bagging area" It takes longer than the line.   usually i don't mind a long line cause I will look at magazines. 

Altho once I want to walmart (ONCE) and tried to ring up some alcohol, it alerted the supervisor who was frustrated and swiped her badge without looking at the issue (I was buying lots of crap and it was the zillonth time it alerted her).  I ended up getting free alcohol!!!!! 

Oh and the Target ones with the camera... so depressing.   Worst angle and lighting ever.  I hate how Target smells like stale popcorn.   I hate Target, actually.  And I hate Walmart.   I buy that kind of stuff online if I can.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 06:22:37 pm »
lol yea target camera's are the worse! I once had to do a double take, because I thought i spotted a Yeti..then looked closer..No way I look like that! then started to feel my nose to see if it was really that big

these self checkouts + lazy & distracted workers = free stuff.

I had like 4 items that didnt scan sitting in the bagging area, and the worker asked if I had paid for the .12c plastic bag

HAHAHAH LOLOLOL

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 07:42:50 pm »
The other trend that makes shoplifting easy is the new "bring your reusable bag" deal.  A few years ago I went through a bizarre shoplifting phase, I didn't steal anything too expensive or meaningful... but if you walk into say Target with a few cloth bags, when you unload your items just keep the bag on and don't take out everything.   

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 06:39:04 am »
I've got a guy here who checks who is a little bit mentally disabled/not right.  I've discovered that if I engage him in conversation, he will often get a little confused and put things right in the bag without scanning them.  It's better than self checkout.

Self serve is always a pain.  They run it by video camera at my place, you never even see the people who override the bullshit errors that happen.  "Put your BANANAS.....IN THE BAG."
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 06:43:10 pm »
LOL @ distracting checkout tard to score free items. What do you do? talk about quantitative differential analysis?

I think I may use these self serve checkouts from now on..and see if I can break my record. I noticed anything thats light..like bday cards, lip balm, dont even register on the scale. u can just pretend u scanned it and throw it in the pile

The other day I scanned a bunch of power tools from Home Depot..i didnt even notice until I looked at my receipt in the parking lot..but only registered like $40 of some $150 of goods. that made my day

and nope..I have no empathy for big corps VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:51:09 pm by Silver Mercenary »

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:30 pm »
CHEAP ass

I bought 4 cards and scanned it as one.   

I wonder if these companies are saving any money on the $12 per hour cashier versus how much people steal at self serve. 

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »
Im not cheap..just do it for the thrill..I know pathetic at my age, but ive got nothing else

p.s. this cat has your #

MUFDVR

• MaximPad
  • Whoremongerer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 12:24:58 pm »
Hey, isn't that the cat who keeps pissing on keyboards?
I mongered Dillver's mom.

Pervarotti

• MaximPad
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 05:51:32 am »
Bram you ripped that off my facebook, ya dumb ass.

Thats from best of nextdoor app on twitter, funny shit

Silver Mercenary

• MaximPad
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 08:27:50 pm »
BALLS! Said the queen

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2019, 02:05:13 am »
Whenever I use the self serve kiosk, it says to me, "It puts the lotion in the basket." I don't know why.

I only use those things when I have one or two items; otherwise it's a pain in the ass. And no, I've never stolen from one.

I like to go through the checkout line. I choose the line with the cutest chick at the register; even if it's the longest line. Then I stare at her boobs.

Sometimes I'll tell the cashier this joke:

So a lady is at the grocery store register. She places down a tube of toothpaste, a toothbrush, a single serving dinner and an apple. The cashier says to her, "I see you must be single." The lady says, "Why, yes I am! How did you know?" The cashier answers, "Because you're fucking ugly."