Author Topic: Funny not funny flying story  (Read 3126 times)

slakr

• MaximPad
Funny not funny flying story
« on: July 29, 2021, 12:01:19 pm »
So funny story not so funny

We sre flying all over in a charter all week in  dornier plane.  We were on 2 mile final and the Pilot pulls up and aborts landing.  I figure maybe vehicle or equipment on the runway, we fly a circuit.  

Pilot turns around and yells at us "hey is our right landing gear down?"

I look out "yup its there"

So we landed and it was all good    just unsafe gesr indication.   Hope thats our hiccup for this trip.  But every landing i watch it.   Aha

nikki

Re: Funny not funny flying story
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 01:40:45 pm »
Interesting. Hijacking of command on those ships too.

slakr

• MaximPad
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 07:04:04 am »

SpaceMonkey

• MaximPad
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »
Slakr, that sounds crazy. I'm sorry that you went through that, icicle balls.

One time, I was flying back from Los Angeles to Detroit and we were over Las Vegas. The pilot comes on the air and says, "I have some bad news for you folks, we just lost power to one of our engines. We're turning back to Los Angeles."

I freaked! My brother's friend had just been killed in a Chicago to Pittsburgh plane crash. I look out my window and what looked like smoke was coming out of the wing. No -- I found out 2 things later: 1) the pilot was dumping fuel so the plane could land lighter. Plans cannot land on full tanks unless landing into the Twin Towers; 2) A passenger plane can fly on one engine of their 4 engines, so we weren't in any real danger.

We could not get on another flight that afternoon, so on the airline's dime they put me and my buddy in a hotel for the night for a flight the next day. Then my buddy and I walked to a titty bar and drank and looked at b00bs.

End of story: Whenever something even remotely weird happens to you on a flight, write a letter to customer service to complain and scan your tickets with the note. They will send you hundreds of dollars in vouchers for future flights. I complained that the piolot scared the breakfast out of me simply by saying, "We have bad news for you folks." I got a $200.00 voucher just for writing a letter. This was back in 1991, however.

slakr

• MaximPad
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 06:59:17 am »
Damn space!   That would freak me out too